My good friend JP Marshman tagged me in a meme, and since I’ve been busy with college (started on Monday) I figured something lighthearted around here would be nice until I can get my regular scheduled broadcast back up and running. After this week, expect regular posts again; this week has been hard trying to figure out textbook expenses, when/how I’m getting to class, and so on.
1. I must post the rules.
2. I must answer the questions the tagger listed for me.
3. I must create (or reuse) 11 questions for those I tag.
4. I must tag 11 people.
5. I must let them know they’ve been tagged.
1. What is your favorite quote, who is it from, and why?
I can’t think of any at the moment. The most recent one I liked was from Einstein.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
2. Which song can bring you to tears or reminds you of your childhood?
My Little Girl by Tim McGraw. It always makes me wonder what being a daddy’s girl would’ve been like, and not having a dad sucks so it’s a pretty bittersweet song for me.
3. What is one thing that keeps you going day in and day out?
God, and the desire to improve who I am as a person. My husband and my writing also motivate me, but if I didn’t have either of them, I would still have those two central drives.
4. Why did you start blogging?
At first, I heard it was a good way to make connections if you want to self publish, but as time has gone on it’s become something much more valuable and personal. It’s where I put my thoughts, share things I’m excited about, and engage with other great people.
5. Is there one thing that you regret not doing in the past? If so, would you be willing to share what that was on here?
I regret a lot of things, mostly my own actions or how I handled certain situations, but I think my single biggest regret is not going to Yosemite more when I lived only two hours away from that beautiful place.
6. What is one thing that you saw that restored your faith in the human race?
Lately? I can’t think of much. Usually someone being selfless will do the trick though.
7. Rain or Sun?
Both. I grew up in a place with lots of thunder, lightning, and rain, then moved to a place where you got a thunderstorm once a year. Too much sun, too little rain. So yeah, I need both to thrive. I’m special that way.
8. What movie had the most impact on you? (A movie that just really made you challenge your view on anything)
Hmm, that’s a tough one. I watch a lot of movies — I mean, a lot — and there’s a lot of them that make me think. But the most impact? I can’t even begin to try and sort that one out. Sorry.
9. List five words that describe your character.
I only need two: special snowflake. Heh. Okay, okay. How about… awkward, gamer, nerdy, curious, insecure. It’s hard to say good things about myself.
10. What is your greatest fear?
Honestly? Getting cancer again.
11. What do you ultimately want to accomplish in the days to come?
Getting through my classes without flunking them and publishing New Fate on time.
Now I tag everyone who reads this, be you friend or total stranger. I’ll use the same questions because I’m cool like that, and because they’re good questions. Enjoy!